There is a growing need for having more that one mobile phone number, without having to carry around more devices. Security and privacy are driving forces, but many SMEs also desire a cost effective solution for providing employees and contractors with numbers. With OptiMobile’s 2ND NUMBER solution, work numbers and extra private numbers can easily be added to your current phone, without the need to get new physical SIM cards or eSIMs.
OptiCall is a demo application for OptiMobile’s 2ND NUMBER solution.
Two phones in one
OptiMobile 2ND NUMBER (also called Phone on Demand) is an innovative phone service enabling subscribers to have multiple subscriptions / numbers in one device without any requirement of having an extra SIM-card. This is possible because 2ND NUMBER is fully based on the OptiMobile Software Platform, LODURR. A fully software-based telecom subscription and offers a wide range of opportunities for both operators and subscribers:
- The operator can sell and fully distribute the subscription and service online, enabling cost-effective market access to an international subscriber base
- The subscribers can purchase and activate new subscriptions directly online whenever and wherever needed
OptMobile 2ND NUMBER is a newly developed product based on the OptiMobile’s LODURR Platform. The product is specifically developed for markets and customers with a need of multiple subscriptions / phone numbers in one and the same device. For example:
- Enables the subscribers to have a private phone and business phone number in one and the same phone, eliminating the need of carrying two devices.
- Enables a “second” dedicated number and subscription which can be used for a variety of purposes such as work, online shopping, dating etc.
- No need of paying, maintaining and handling two devices.
- Facilitates role-based communication, separating a temporary need of a subscription or phone number from the regular subscription and number.
- Not simply an extra number forwarded to the users main number, but an operator-service supporting both outgoing and incoming calls, SMS etc., fully separated from the main SIM-card based service.
OptiMobile 2ND NUMBER is designed for the consumer as well as the enterprise market segments, and can easily be adopted to any Bring Your Own Device enterprise policy.